Accessibility Plan and Policies for Razorfish, a division of Nurun Inc.
This Policy and Multi-Year Accessibility Plan outlines the policies and actions that Razorfish will put in place in Ontario to improve opportunities for people with disabilities. This Policy and Plan will be updated on an ongoing basis where appropriate, and at least once every five years.
Razorfish is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in integration and equal opportunity. We are committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner, and will do so by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility and meeting accessibility requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
ACCESSIBLE EMERGENCY INFORMATION
Razorfish is committed to providing the customers and clients with publicly available emergency information in an accessible way upon request. We will also provide employees with disabilities with individualized emergency response information when necessary.
Razorfish will provide training to employees, volunteers and other staff members on Ontario’s accessibility laws, on the requirements of the Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulation, and on the Human Rights Code as it relates to people with disabilities. Training will be provided in a way that best suits the duties of employees, volunteers and other staff members.
Razorfish will take the following steps to ensure employees are provided with the training needed to meet Ontario’s accessible laws:
- Train all new employees during orientation;
- Train all current employees;
- Train all persons who provide goods, services or facilities on behalf of the Company;
- Seek out best practices in order to deliver the most effective ongoing training;
- Maintain records of the training provided, including dates of delivery and the number of individuals to whom training is provided; and,
- Provide training when changes are made to the Accessibility Policy.
INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION
Razorfish is committed to meeting the communication needs of people with disabilities. We will consult with people with disabilities to determine their information and communication needs.
Razorfish will take proactive steps to ensure that its feedback processes are accessible to people with disabilities, upon request.
Razorfish will take appropriate steps to ensure that it offers accessible formats and communication supports to people with disabilities upon request, and in a timely manner. Razorfish will notify the public of the availability of such formats and supports and provide guidelines on how formats and supports may be requested.
All new or substantially refreshed websites and content on those sites will conform with WCAG 2.0 Level A.
Razorfish, a division of Nurun Inc. is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. Razorfish will take the following steps to notify the public and employees that, when requested, Razorfish will accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes, and when people are hired.
- Razorfish will notify its employees and the public, on all job postings, about the availability of accommodation for applicants with disabilities during the recruitment process.
- Razorfish will notify job applicants when they are selected to participate in the assessment portion of selection process that accommodations are available, upon request; and,
- When presenting offers of employment, Razorfish will notify successful applicants of the Company’s accessibility policies for accommodating employees with disabilities.
Razorfish will take appropriate steps to develop and put in place a process for creating individual performance management plans, career development plans, and accommodation plans for employees with disabilities, as well as return-to-work policies for employees that have been absent due to a disability.
Razorfish will provide accessible formats and communication supports to employees with disabilities, with information required in order to perform the employee’s job and for information that is generally available to employees in the workplace.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
For more information on this Accessibility Policy and Multi-Year Plan, or to request accessible formats of this document or communication supports, please contact our Human Resources Department:
- Phone: (416) 591-6000
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In Person/Mail: 96 Spadina Avenue, 9th Floor, Toronto, ON, M5V 2J6
Accessibility Standards for Customer Service
The goal of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (the “Act”) is to create a more accessible Ontario, by identifying, and to the extent possible, preventing, and eliminating barriers experienced by persons with a disability. The Act requires employers to ensure that its policies, practices, and procedures are consistent with the core principles of dignity, equality of opportunity, integration and independence.
Razorfish, a division of Nurun Inc. Inc. is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in integration and equal opportunity. We are committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner, and will do so by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility and meeting accessibility requirements under the Accessibility for The Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Accessibility Standards for Customer Service is primarily about removing attitudinal and systemic barriers. Razorfish is committed to providing high quality service to all its clients including people with disabilities.
Razorfish will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
SERVICE ANIMALS, SUPPORT PERSONS AND ASSISTIVE SERVICES
Razorfish welcomes people with disabilities and ensures that they can access our services. Service animals are allowed on the parts of our premises that are open to the public. The Company is also committed to welcoming a person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person and will be allowed to have that person accompany them on our premises.
We will ensure that our staff is trained and familiar with various assistive devices we have on site or that we provide that may be used by customers with disabilities while accessing our goods or services.
NOTICE OF TEMPORARY DISRUPTION
In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to services or facilities for people with disabilities, Razorfish will notify all persons promptly. A visibly posted notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, the anticipated length of time, and a description of alternative facilities or services, if available. The notice will be placed on the company’s intranet and throughout the office, where appropriate.
Razorfish will ensure that all employees, volunteers and other staff members who deal with the public or other third parties on our behalf and people involved in the development of policies, plans, practices and procedures related to the provision of our goods and services, receive training in compliance with Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005.
Training will include:
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Customer Service Standard policy;
- Razorfish’s policy related to Customer Service Standard;
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities;
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person;
- How to use the equipment or devices available on-site or otherwise that may help with providing goods or services to people with disabilities;
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty accessing Razorfish, a division of Nurun Inc. Inc.’s services; and,
- Changes made to the Accessibility Standards for Customer Service.
Razorfish, a division of Nurun Inc. Inc. welcomes feedback on our Accessibility policies and how we provide services our clients and the public with disabilities. Anyone who wishes to provide feedback may do so in the following ways:
- Phone: (416) 591-6000
- Email: email@example.com
- In Person/Mail: 96 Spadina Avenue, 9th Floor | Toronto, ON |M5V 2J6
All feedback will be directed to the Company’s Human Resources department for review. Complaints and other feedback requiring a response will be addressed in a timely manner.
MODIFICATION TO POLICIES
Company policies that do not respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities will be modified or removed.