Shaking things up with Patrón Tequila.
How do you make digital feel handcrafted?
To accelerate growth, Patrón needed to unlock customer perceptions that the brand was only about one thing: shots. With not much of an online following and a digital presence in need of an overhaul, the brand needed to evolve and convince people to enjoy the spirit in other ways.
For over 5 years, we’ve helped transform Patrón into best-in-class digital marketers. We began by redesigning Patrón’s website into a sleek, user-friendly design. Since then, our breadth of work has ranged from experiences like Patrón Cocktail Lab to The Margarita of the Year contest, a massively successful campaign that saw more than 4 million votes being cast online. We produced 62 Hands, a brand anthem spot that showed the journey of a Patrón bottle from Jimador to bartender to customer – 60 hands to make the bottle, 2 hands to drink it. More recently, we’ve focused on expanding Patrón’s partnerships with delivery and DIY cocktail kits including Drizly, Cocktail Courier, and MikMak.
We’ve helped Patrón catapult from outlier to the number one most mentioned spirit in the world with an unprecedented level of Brand Awareness (96%), Recommendations (79%), and Brand Loyalty (55%). In 2020, Patrón recorded its most profitable year in the company’s history.
Our unique blend of innovation and storytelling has helped drive global demand, increasing overall sales volume by 30% from 2.4 million cases to 3.2 million, making Patrón the experience/digital leader and a top 5 global brand in the alcohol category.
Our work is a key piece of the brand’s growth and has led to additional work within Bacardi, notably on Grey Goose Vodka, as we apply our learnings on Patrón to create even more contagious ideas that transform the customer experience.
- 30% increase in overall sales volume since partnering with Razorfish
- 4M votes cast in our Margarita of the Year competition
- #1 Patrón just recorded its most profitable year ever in 2020
Patrón Cocktail Lab has won numerous design and UX awards, including:
- OMMA AwardWearables / IoT Platform
- MMA The SmartiesWinner in Enabling Technologies – Innovation + Mobile Audio
- Shorty AwardsSilver Award in Emerging Platform
- AME AwardBronze in Products & Services, Alcoholic Beverages
Patrón.com has also won numerous design and UX awards, including:
- Webby AwardsHonoree, Best use of photography
- W3 AwardsBest in Show for Branding
- W3 Awards6-time winner in: Innovation and Experimental, Mobile, Consumer Goods, Marketing, Food & Beverage
- Austin ADDY AwardsGPS & Location Technology, Website Responsive Design